KNRM

Thursday 12 May 2011

The best Location/Time to start the End Sprint

The wind is stronger and the boats are sailing beautiful with mid twenty kts of boatspeeds. The Fleet has moved more to the South last day, except that I found myself almost as the most Northerly boat in the fleet this morning. 
Luckily the wind direction gave me best approach speed to the Finish in going South and I can close the gap maybe a little.


Still difficult to say what will be the best approach to Paramaribo. South has the best wind speeds but then the winds are more easterly there, which would either push you further south for the final jibe or would force a jibe just before the Finish. 
Most likely the Finish of the first boats will be tomorrow mid-day gmt; but...........tomorrow is Friday 13th May ?!


My rank this morning 18 in a still growing fleet of 1062 boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment