KNRM

Wednesday 11 May 2011

How to Approach the Last part of the Atlantic?

Today I see some two groups forming in the middle of the Atlantic passage? This is strange for me, as I can see only one route , jibing till the Finish. Maybe I have to do some simulations in the LiveSkipper simulator to see which of those groups has the better strategy. Funny thing however is, that both groups have some of the better sailing strategist !

Or................would it be the story of the 2 dogs fighting and the 3rd getting the bone? So if I keep sailing on headings around the direct line of sight, I might get the benefit ; at least my placing is improving greatly !!! So maybe , maybe ?

Winds are still in the same NE corner but picking up in the mid teen Kts. The boatspeed is nicely now 25 kts and I have to be careful not to spill my coffee , Irish coffee that is of course.

My Rank this morning : 24th   in a fleet of 1059 boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment